1. All major economies are mixed, i.e neither fully capitalist nor fully socialist.
2. The US is lower than many countries in government social spending as a % of GDP.
3. The US is lower than many countries in happiness.
4. Some higher social spending countries are less happy than in the US.
5. Approximately 3% of the federal budget relates to research despite economic benefits.
6. The majority of federal spending is fixed with much going to the old and health care.
7. Approximately 70% of federal workers do jobs relating to national security.
8. Senators are elected every six years and representative every two years.
9. Presidents can veto laws but their vetoes can be over-ridden to pass laws.